Sunday, December 11, 2011

No-Joe Latte

My favorite Starbucks drink lately has been an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte.  Yes, iced.  That's really the only way I drink it, even in the cold winter months!  The latte costs about $4 every time I get it, so I thought I would take a break on coffee for a while.  I really don't NEED it, right?  Anyways, I saw this recipe in a magazine and have been loving it!! Warning: It's coffee-free (hence the name).  



It's so nice to drink right now because it gets you in the Christmas spirit!  I love putting cinnamon in everything lately.  It's just so festive.  Speaking of that, the Gingerbread scented oil from Bath and Body Works is amazing!  I am loving it this month.  Back to the drink, it has just the right amount of flavor and I will probably be making this for myself and everyone else who comes to visit us this season.  The best part is that you can adjust it pretty much anyway you want.  Enjoy!

The way I make it:

Serves 2

2 cups milk (I use almond or soy milk- Dairy=acne for me)
1-2 tbsp sugar-your choice of regular granulated or brown
Dash of vanilla
Cinnamon
Caramel drizzle
Whipped Cream

Whip milk, sugar, and vanilla w/whisk (or whatever) until slightly foamy in a mug.
Microwave for about 1 and 1/2 min to 2 min. depending on how hot you like your drinks.
Top with whipped cream, cinnamon, and caramel drizzle.
Drink!

You can also garnish the drink with cocoa powder or cinnamon sugar instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment