Monday, April 2, 2012

Self Tanner

Now that the weather is slightly warming up, we all want to be bronze and beautiful, don't we?  I usually go for the natural tan look by laying out in the summer (tsk, tsk).  The only part of my body that I don't tan outside is my face.  I definitely do everything I can to prevent environmental aging-especially from the sun.  Why do I care so much about protecting my face from the sun but I don't give a damn about my body?  I'm not sure...I guess it's because I know you see a face first.  Anyways, I used this self-tanner by Clarins a few times last year, but never kept with it.  I've decided to give it another go as the weather is giving me the inspiration to do it.

Now just be warned, it lives up to its name!  The product is the Intense Bronze Self Tanning Tint by Clarins.  It retails for $34 at Sephora.  One use of this will make you at least 2 shades darker.  Oh yes, it's true.  I would recommend this for any skintone except very fair-fair. It may be too much for light skin tones.



Normally, I ONLY use Oil-Free products, but I really love the color payoff of this product.  It's a true bronze.  Not orange or red.  It has just the right amount of that perfect vacation color.  This product contains castor oil.  I'm not sure if it will break me out, but I will say that today I noticed a small something forming on my chin after using this twice.  Coincidence?  We shall see.  The pic below shows how non-orange this self-tanner is. It has an olive-y tint to make it more natural on the skin.  Make sure to wash your hands right away because this stuff does stain easily.  


I love the color of this product.


My process:
-Lightly moisturize entire face
-Shake bottle
-Put small amount of product on cotton ball
-Sweep the cotton over your face as you would with a toner
-Go down your neck (and chest if you would like)
-Use a clean cotton ball to blend any excess product around your hairline, brows, lips-I hate that dark self-tanner line that can form around the lips from not blending it all the way.
-Let it dry for a few moments

Pro's:
-Dries quickly
-Excellent color
-Can be used with regular skincare routine
-You get a lot of product for the price

Con's:
-Can be messy
-Time consuming (you have to make sure the little cotton ball touches every area of your face to make it even)
-Scent (this stuff stinks like any traditional self-tanner does when it dries)

Also, be warned that you may want to wear a glove on the hand you are applying the product with. The liquid soaked through my cotton ball after I had to apply it a few times to the cotton to cover my whole face and neck.  It stained my finger a little bit, but it wasn't too bad.

What are your favorite self-tanners for the face?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this review,I'm searching a good self tanner too in these days!I've got a Johnson's one but I'm not really satisfied of it.Probably I'm checking out this and I'll se how it goes ;)

    ReplyDelete