Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Nail of the Day



Guess what?!  I graduate in May!  That means all my extra time will be aimed at keeping this blog up, rather than on assignments.  What a relief.  


I saw Maegan do this look on her blog and I knew I had to do it myself.  It SCREAMS spring!  I used different shades of the colors she used, but that's the great thing about nail polish-the possibilities are truly endless!  I went over to Sephora to pick up the color Seeing Pink Elephants for the look because I have wanted it for a very long time.  I was good about holding off on the color for a while, and then I received a coupon for 15% off (code CHICWEEK).  It was meant to be.  Of course I picked up a few more things while I was out, but that will be in a haul post.  


Here is my version of the look:




I used Sephora by O.P.I. Seeing Pink Elephants and Ulta's Vintage Violet.  I got the Ulta polish free several months ago with my rewards points.  I had never used it until today so I'm not sure how long it will wear, but you can't beat free!   The Sephora color is so pretty, I love the shade of pink, not too light, not too bright either.  I can't believe they sell for $9.50, but the coupon helped me justify the purchase. 


I really like this whole color blocking thing with nail polishes, I'll be on the lookout for more combinations soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your blog is so cute! And I really love this nail colour!
    xoxo
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, so I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete